Tapmaster is a Calgary-based, family-owned manufacturer that builds and sells a line of hands-free faucet retrofit systems. Our products are the bestselling hands-free faucet solution in the North American dental industry, and we have been making major inroads into medical and residential sales.
We are looking to add to our production and assembly team to accommodate increasing sales. Our product is extremely reliable due to the diligence of our staff, and our production process involves assembling very small parts to exacting tolerances. Since our team is very streamlined, we expect all our staff to be flexible and willing to be cross trained on all aspects of our assembly, testing and shipping process as well as being able to take phone calls on occasion from customers and end users. Our ideal candidate will also be enthusiastic about learning more about our product and its operation when possible, which we hope will eventually lead to increases in responsibility within the company as time goes on. We are looking to find someone who wants to start a stable career with opportunities to grow over time.
Tapmaster offers an above-average health benefits package after a 3 month probationary period and encourage a healthy work/life balance. Our standard work week is Monday to Thursday from 8am to 4pm and 8am to 2:30pm on Fridays. We do not work weekends or holidays or run night shifts and we close down (with pay) for the entire Christmas week.
Immediate responsibilities will include:
- Assembly of small plumbing valves.
- Inventory counting.
- Packing and shipping product.
- QC and QA testing following our in-house procedures.
- Occasionally lifting boxes between 2.5 and 15kg.
- Signing for deliveries.
Immediate opportunities for extra training if desired in:
- Forklift operation.
- Customer service phone calls.
- Well lit production area with ergonomic task seating.
- Occasionally requires long periods of standing for certain tasks.
- Casual dress code, must wear closed toe shoes.
- Handling of small battery powered hand tools.
- Handling of compressed air tools and testing equipment.
- Dog friendly business – we have and welcome dogs at work but require that they be well behaved and not messy. If you have allergies or a fear of animals please keep this in mind.
- Highschool diploma or GED.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills (Bilingual is always an asset, French preferred) as we do expect all members of our staff to answer phone calls that occasionally requires technical communication.
- Basic computer skills.
- Experience with computer file management and MS office is an asset.
Experience with invoicing software, UPS or other courier systems and barcoding would be nice but we are more than happy to train the right candidate.
Please send resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com